So this is what the Whimsy Blanket is supposed to look like. I didn’t alter the pattern by a lot. I had to alter my gauge since I kept getting it off and I used Drops Nepal yarn instead of Red Heart Soft yarn. The main thing I altered was instead of making flowers and attaching them with slip stitches I decided to use the basic filet stitch as a background for seasonal motifs that will be attached via small safety pins. This way the blanket will always be in season.
My son helped me by carefully eying the afghan then tossing each snowflake down and demanding I pin it exactly there.
… it needs more snowflakes but it’s good enough for now. 🙂