I got this pattern from here. The only thing I didn’t like about this pattern was that it didn’t have a gauge. Okay, normally I’m all for patterns without gauge, I always get mine wrong at first, but for hats gauge is a must. I’ve ended up with preemie hats instead of 6month hats by not getting the gauge right!
So I decided to include what I got for my gauge in case anyone wanted a spring board if you decided to try the pattern.
Using Brown Sheep, Lamb’s Pride Worsted
85% Wool, 15% Mohair
and a size H/5mm hook I ended up crocheting a swatch of:
7 Rows and 16 sts = 4inches
I ended up with 13” at the widest point instead of 11”
While it did fit, and I will wear it, it’s bigger at the top than I’d think a beret should be. It’s baggy on me at least but since I don’t have a problem with that it’ll work out. 🙂