I can’t keep these on the table!
A while back I bought some lavender with the vague idea that you can cook with it. I had thought I already posted this recipe but I can’t find it.
Of course, as with most of my ideas I had to figure out how to make it happen. I’m great at vague, general ideas, not too good at making them into reality.
I ended up researching lavender. Apparently if rosemary tastes good in a dish lavender is a pretty good sub. So I decided that since I use rosemary in potatoes why not lavender?
Lavender has a more mild flavor than rosemary. It’s also delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Take two red potatoes and cube them. (I leave the skins on)
- Take a baking sheet and slop some olive oil on it.
- Toss the potatoes onto the pan and sprinkle some kosher salt on them.
- Sprinkle on some lavender leaves. If picking your own don’t use the brown stem just the leaves! (I use about 5 per potato)
- Bake for an hour or until tender
- Let rest for 5 minutes. (During this time scoop some onto your plate before anyone else gets them!)
This is a great recipe for your budding chef to help you with.
I’ve also started cooking my steak with a couple leaves of lavender while frying it in a pan. SO good!