- © Marcia Young and The World of Marcia Young, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Marcia Young and The World of Marcia Young with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. For more information see Copyright Info link at the top of the page.
Top Posts & Pages
- Brief Bio
- Copyright Info
- Inspiration Behind Punishable Deed
- Introduction to Frankenstein Sewing
- Project Eight: Barrettes
- Project Five: A Bit of Vine and a Dash of Feathers
- Project Four: Wall Art so Easy My Eight Year Old Can do it. Literally
- Project Nine: Circle Skirt
- Project One: The Most Basic of Purses
- Project Seven: Play Shorts
- Project Six: The Jean Skirt!
- Project Three: The Rehashed Daddy Shirt
- Project Two: The Amazing Reversible (but not really) Scarf!
- Resources for Sewing
- Punishable Deed; a Synopsis Including Spoilers
Tag Archives: women’s fashion
Okay, so I made this ages ago; and then got sick, and then got busy, and before I knew it was January. So I’m finally posting this! Keeping with my new brand Fashionably Thin I used a skeleton’s ribcage to … Continue reading
Ah, barefoot sandals. They let you go barefoot while adding a touch of class. Okay, so they just dress up your feet a bit. These were more an experiment than a serious attempt but they came out well. Yarn: Aunt … Continue reading
Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of Arm Knitting but I suck at knitting. I can do simple things and arm knitting is beyond me. I end up in a tangled mess of yarn. I am good at knotting yarn! … Continue reading
If you crochet by now you’ve seen a plethora of fingerless glove patterns. You’ve even seen mittens done in a half dozen different ways. One thing however that knitting seems to have a monopoly on is gloves. It’s been driving … Continue reading
Here they are my first attempt at mittens. I got the pattern out of an old issue of Crochet! Magazine. The same issue also had instructions on how to make custom mittens. So I dug through my stash and came … Continue reading
Okay, so I got this idea after watching You Live in What? on HGTV. I love that show! Anywho, there was this one episode where this woman had a serious shoe fetish. I’m talking hundreds and her husband decided to … Continue reading
This thing was a nightmare. Not that it was necessarily hard. The hardest thing you had to do was a treble crochet stitch. What killed me was the repeating pattern of pineapples. I ended up stopping several times to do … Continue reading
Okay, so this is what two of those scrumble pieces I made a while back became. This one became a bracelet which is available at my etsy store. While this one became a collar also available at my store.
A circle skirt is possibly the easiest skirt to make once you know the math behind it. Even I can make them and I suck at sewing. Project Nine of Frankenstein Sewing is the super simple circle skirt.